Model Code of Conduct for Direct Selling Agents
CODE OF CONDUCT
Model Code of Conduct for the Direct Selling Agents (MEDIC SCIENCE DIRECT SELLER s) is a non-statutory code issued by Medic Science Life Care . (Hereinafter referred to Medic Science ) a Leading Direct Selling Entity in India for adoption and implementation by Direct Selling Agents (Hereinafter referred to DS/Medic Science Direct Seller/MEDIC SCIENCE DIRECT SELLER /MEDIC SCIENCE DIRECT SELLER s) while operating as Agents of Medic Science Life Care ..
These codes of conduct shall in addition to the Medic Science Direct Seller Agreement with the Medic Science Life Care . Further, The Medic Science Direct Seller, shall be abide with the agreement of Direct selling and its terms & conditions.
Our Code of Conduct is the first step for our Medic Science Medic Science Direct Sellers to get clarity on any questions relating to ethical conduct. It sets forth our core values, shared responsibilities, global commitments, and promises, and general guidance about the Medic Science Life Care ’s expectations. However, our Code cannot possibly address every situation we face at work. Therefore, the Code is by no means a substitute for our good and unbiased judgment. We must remember that each of us is responsible for our own actions. The ethical choice is always the best choice.
To work effectively, all of us need a healthy and safe work environment. We provide a work environment free of coercion, discrimination, and harassment. Therefore, respect, inclusiveness and shared ethical values are at the heart of our core values. Irrespective of one’s department and rank, he/she should conform with our equal opportunity policy in all aspects of the work, from recruitment and performance evaluation to interpersonal relations. Need for Social Media Guidelines Given its characteristics to potentially give “voice to all”, immediate outreach and 24*7 engagement, Social Media offers a unique opportunity to governments to engage with their stakeholders especially citizens in real time to make policy making citizen centric.
Many governments across the world as well many government agencies in India are using various social media platforms to reach out to citizens, businesses and experts to seek inputs into policy making, get feedback on service delivery, create community based programmes etc. However, many apprehensions remain including, but not limited to issues related to authorisation to speak on behalf of department/agency, technologies and platform to be used for communication, scope of engagement, creating synergies between different channels of communication, compliance with existing legislations etc.
We comply with all laws, whether local, national or regional. All our Medic Science Direct Seller and those acting on our behalf must protect the Medic Science Life Care ’s legality. They should comply with all environmental, safety and fair dealing laws. Violations of law can result in significant harm to the Medic Science Life Care , including financial penalties, denial of government contracting privileges, imprisonment for criminal misconduct and damage to our business relationships and reputation. People associated with us are expected to be ethical and responsible when dealing with our Medic Science Life Care ’s finances, products, partnerships, and public image.
MEDIC SCIENCE DIRECT SELLER CODE OF CONDUCT
Representation of Medic Science Direct Seller
- All direct selling should be legal, decent, honest and truthful.
- Every direct selling activity should be carried out with a due sense of social and professional responsibility.
- No direct selling should be carried out such as to impair confidence in direct selling.
- All direct selling activities should conform to the principles of fair competition as generally accepted in business.
Conduct towards consumers
Impartiality by the Medic Science Direct Seller
- All direct selling activities should deal fairly with consumers.
- Activities should be designed and carried out to avoid giving ground for reasonable complaint.
- Misleading, deceptive or unfair sales practices should not be used.
- High-pressure tactics which might be construed as harassment should be avoided.
- No direct selling should be represented to the consumer as being a form of market research.
- Medic Science Direct Sellers should not abuse the trust of individual consumers, and should not exploit a consumer’s age, illness, lack of understanding, or lack of language knowledge.
Privacy confidentiality and disclosure
- Any contact should be made in a reasonable manner and during reasonable hours to avoid intrusiveness.
- Where a consumer has in a clearly visible and unequivocal way (e.g. by “no selling” on a door sign) indicated a wish not to receive approaches from Medic Science Direct Sellers this should be respected.
- Medic Science Direct Seller should discontinue a demonstration or sales presentation upon the request of the consumer.
- Any collection and processing of data should be carried out in strict and confidential manner.
- At the beginning of the sales presentation, Medic Science Direct Sellers should without request truthfully identify themselves to the consumer, and should also identify their Medic Science Life Care , their products and the purpose of their solicitation.
- In party selling, Medic Science Direct Sellers should make clear the purpose of the occasion to the host/hostess and to the participants.
- Promotional literature, advertisements or mailings should contain the name and address or telephone number of the Medic Science Direct Seller.(Promotional material should be approved by the Medic Science Life Care )
- The terms of the offer should be clear, so that the consumer may know the exact nature of what is being offered and the commitment involved in the placing of an order.
- Presentations and other treatments used in direct selling should not contain any product description, claim, illustration or other element which directly or by implication is likely to mislead the consumer.
Explanation and demonstration
- Explanation and demonstration of the product offered should be accurate and complete, in particular with regard to price and, if applicable, credit conditions, terms of payment, cooling-off periods and/or return rights, terms of guarantee, after-sales service and delivery. All the communication should be in consonance of the Medic Science Life Care ’s Policy.
- The Medic Science Direct Seller should endeavors to make sure that the individual consumer clearly understands the information given.
- The demonstration of the product should be adapted to the needs of those consumers to whom it is directed.
- Medic Science Direct Sellers should give accurate and understandable answers to all questions from consumers concerning the product and the offer.
- The consumer should be given an opportunity to read the entire contract form thoughtfully and without harassment.
- A written order form should be delivered to the consumer at the time of sale, which should identify the direct selling Medic Science Life Care and the Medic Science Direct Seller and which should contain the full name, permanent address and telephone number of the direct selling Medic Science Life Care or of the Medic Science Direct Seller and all material terms of the sale.
- All terms should be clearly legible.
Comparisons, denigration and exploitation of goodwill
- Medic Science Direct Sellers should refrain from using comparisons which are likely to mislead and which are incompatible with principles of fair competition.
- Points of comparison should not be unfairly selected and should be based on facts which can be substantiated.
- Medic Science Direct Sellers should not denigrate any person, firm or product directly or by implication. Direct selling companies and Medic Science Direct Sellers should not take unfair advantage of the goodwill attached to the trade name and symbol of another firm or product.
- The presentation of the offer should not contain or refer to any testimonial, endorsement or supportive documentation unless it is genuine, verifiable and relevant.
- Testimonials or endorsements which have become obsolete or misleading through the passage of time should not be used.
- Medic Science Direct Seller should not state or imply that a “guarantee”, “warranty” or other expression having substantially the same meaning, offers the consumer rights additional to those provided by law when it does not.
- The terms of any guarantee or warranty, including the name and address of the guarantor, should be easily available to the consumer and limitations on consumer rights or remedies, where permitted by law, should be clear and conspicuous.
Safety and Packaging
- Products, including, where applicable, samples, should be suitably packaged for delivery to the customer.
Fulfilment of the order
- Orders should be fulfilled within 30 days from the date the order is signed by the consumer, unless otherwise stipulated in the offer.
- Medic Science Direct Sellers should inform the consumer of any undue delay as soon as it becomes known to them.
- In such cases, any request for cancellation of the order by the consumer should be granted, and the deposit, if any, should be refunded immediately.
- If it is not possible to prevent delivery, cancellation and refunding may be made conditional on the customer’s returning of the product at the Medic Science Direct Seller’s cost within a reasonable amount of time.
Substitution of products
- If a product becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the control of the direct selling Medic Science Life Care or Medic Science Direct Seller, another product may be supplied in its place only if the consumer is informed that it is a substitution, and if such replacement product has materially the same or better characteristics and qualities, and is supplied at the same or a lower price.
- In such a case, an explanation of the substitution and of the right to return the substitute product at the Medic Science Direct Seller’s cost should be given to the consumer.
Cooling off and return of goods
- Medic Science Life Care and Medic Science Direct Sellers ensure that any order form contains, whether it is a legal requirement or not, a cooling-off clause permitting the consumer to withdraw from the order within a specified period of time, and to obtain reimbursement of any payment or goods traded in as per the terms of the agreement of the Medic Science Life Care.
- Medic Science Life Care offering an unconditional right of return as per the terms of the Direct selling agreement.
- Every complaint whether from public, Consumer, Medic Science Direct Seller shall be resolved in manner of the process specified through the Consumer redressal Committee.
- For making complaint, the helpline Number and email ID and complaint box is available on the website of the Medic Science Life Care .
- The policy and process of grievance redressal is efficient and fair to the consumer and others.
- The receipt of any complaint shall be provided and be confirmed promptly.
- The decisions made shall be communicated to the complainant within a reasonable time.
The procedure for payment shall be in accordance to the terms of the Direct selling Agreement.
Code of Conduct for in the interest of consumer Protection
- Medic Science Direct Sellers shall not unfairly denigrate any Medic Science Life Care, business or Product, directly or by implication.
- Medic Science Direct Sellers shall not take unfair advantage of the goodwill attached to the trade name and symbol of another Medic Science Life Care , business or product.
Code of conduct for social media Marketing
These Rules apply to Medic Science Direct Sellers using social media sites such as Twitter, YouTube, Whats app, Telegram, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat as well as online communities such as blogs.
The Rules are That “Self-Regularization”
Medic Science Life Care motto in concerning the Internet and social media marketing and advertising is that “Self-Regularization”
- Direct seller shall fully follow the Rule “Self-Regularization” in sales, promotion and marketing.
- Medic Science Direct Seller should avoid unethical and misleading in the business of Internet selling and advertising.
- Medic Science Direct Seller must follow when selling or marketing on the net as below-
- All forms of advertising material must share the common goal of maintaining truth and should be a means to serve the public
- They should maintain a clear distinction between corporate communications, press releases, sales collateral and advertisements
- A publisher must disclose every condition upfront and clearly, as the asterisks (*) and fine print at the end of the document can sometimes go unnoticed by the consumer
- If there are cookies being used to track and detect a user’s settings, personal record and online activity, then this must be clearly stated before the user begins browsing your site
- The placement of ads should in no way obstruct the user view, neither should they be disguised as editorial content
- Finally, whether you are selling on the online platforms or offline, advertisers must abide by the federal, state and local advertising laws.
- Medic Science Direct Sellers need to know and adhere to the Medic Science Life Care ’s Code of Conduct, Direct Seller Handbook, and other Medic Science Life Care policies when using social media.
- Medic Science Direct Sellers should be aware of the effect their actions may have on their images, as well as Medic Science Life Care ’s image. The information that Medic Science Direct Sellers post or publish may be public information for a long time on social media.
- Medic Science Direct Sellers should be aware that Medic Science Life Care may observe content and information made available by Medic Science Direct Sellers through social media. Medic Science Direct Sellers should use their best judgment in posting material that is neither inappropriate nor harmful to Medic Science Life Care , its Direct Sellers, or customers.
- Although not an exclusive list, some specific examples of prohibited social media conduct include posting commentary, content, or images that are defamatory, pornographic, proprietary, harassing, libelous, or that can create a hostile work environment.
- Medic Science Direct Sellers are not to publish, post or release any information that is considered confidential or not public. If there are questions about what is considered confidential, Medic Science Direct Sellers should check with the Human Resources Department and/or supervisor.
- Social media networks, blogs and other types of online content sometimes generate press and media attention or legal questions. Medic Science Direct Sellers should refer these inquiries to authorized Medic Science Life Care spokespersons.
- If Medic Science Direct Sellers find encounter a situation while using social media that threatens to become antagonistic, Medic Science Direct Sellers should disengage from the dialogue in a polite manner and seek the advice of a supervisor.
- Medic Science Direct Sellers may post advertising materials on private property with the prior written consent of the owner.
(To document consent, Medic Science Direct Sellers may take permission from Medic Science Life Care through the Email/ letter/personally)
- Medic Science Direct Sellers may not post advertising materials on public property, such as utility poles, street lights, traffic lights, parking meters or traffic signs.
- Medic Science Direct Sellers are responsible for all Medic Science Life Care -related content they post online. Medic Science Direct Sellers using social media sites as part of their Medic Science Life Care business must clearly and conspicuously identify themselves by name and as an Independent Medic Science Life Care Direct Sellers
- Medic Science Direct Sellers shall not purchase Followers or Likes, or use any other misleading or deceptive tactics to boost the perceived popularity of their social media accounts or pages.
- Medic Science Direct Sellers may post audio/video material on YouTube and similar social media sites, provided the content complies with the Rules.
- Direct seller should not respond to those who place negative posts about them, other direct seller or Medic Science Life Care’s products, negative posts may be reported by email.
- Data mining and website scraping tactics (including but not limited to the use of web spiders, crawlers, and bots) are considered deceptive and are prohibited.
- That in the name of Medic Science Life Care., the Direct seller not create any you tube channel, Blogs, twitter account, Facebook or any other social media platform.
- The Direct seller shall not do the following activities without the prior consent of the Medic Science Life Care –
- For creating youtube channel, websites, mobile apps, podcasts, and blog concepts, social media page such as Facebook, blogs, twitter, etc. in the name of Medic Science Life Care to promote Medic Science or its Brand or promote/sell the product of Medic Science Life Care.
- To post or create Blogs on any youtube channel, websites, mobile apps, podcasts, and blog concepts, social media page such as Facebook, blogs, twitter, etc. in the name of Medic Science Life Care to promote Medic Science or its Brand or promote/sell the product of Medic Science Life Care.
- to host digital or virtual events in connection with the Medic Science Life Care Direct Retailer’s/Seller’s business.
- to record, and post video and audio of live Medic Science Life Care sponsored events on the channel in the name of Medic Science Life Care.
- Before-and-after testimonial images and videos
- That the Direct seller shall produce/market/distribute only Medic Science Life Care’ authentic Business/commission Plan, opportunity, products or services and they would be truthful, accurate, and not misleading.
- That the Direct seller shall use language specifically approved by Medic Science Life Care and may not be altered in regard to the Business/commission Plan, opportunity, products or services contents.
- That the Direct seller shall not use non-Medic Science Life Care business dedicated properties to promote, recommend or sell Medic Science Life Care products or services, or promote the Medic Science Life Care opportunity.
- That the Direct seller shall not be engaged in the false or misleading communication against the Medic Science Life Care during the period of Direct seller or after ceasing Direct seller from the Medic Science Life Care on any youtube channel, websites, mobile apps, podcasts, and blog concepts, social media page such as facebook, blogs, tweeter, etc.
- That the Direct seller shall be legally abide with the terms and condition of the company as mentioned in Direct selling agreement and Direct selling Guidelines & Rules and Regulation.
- That the Direct seller shall not promote or sell or marketing of all the products which are manufactured by Medic Science Life Care on any e-commerce portals without Medic Science Life Care prior written consent.
Code of Conduct for Marketing
The Code is and is deemed to be adopted and included in the Agreement between Medic Science Life Care. and the MEDIC SCIENCE DIRECT SELLER. This code will apply to all persons involved in marketing and distribution of any product of the Medic Science Life Care. .
The Direct Selling Agent (MEDIC SCIENCE DIRECT SELLER)/Direct Selling Team (DST)and its Tele-Marketing Executives (TMEs) & field sales personnel must agree to abide by this code prior to undertaking any direct marketing operation on behalf of Medic Science Life Care.
Any Medic Science Direct Seller or his team or its staff found to be violating this code may be blacklisted and such action taken be reported to the Medic Science Life Care from time to time by the MEDIC SCIENCE DIRECT SELLER . Failure to comply with this requirement may result in permanent termination of business of the MEDIC SCIENCE DIRECT SELLER with Medic Science Life Care ..
A declaration to be obtained from team or staff by the MEDIC SCIENCE DIRECT SELLER before assigning them their duties is annexed to this Code.
Tele-calling a Prospect (a prospective customer)
A prospect is to be contacted for sourcing a Medic Science Life Care product or Medic Science Life Care related product only under the following circumstances:
• When prospect has expressed a desire to acquire a product through any mode or has been referred to by another prospect/customer or is an existing customer of the Medic Science Life Care who has given consent for accepting calls on other products of the Medic Science Life Care .
• The Medic Science Direct Seller should not call a person whose name/number is flagged in any “do not disturb” list made available to him/her.
When you may contact a prospect on telephone
Telephonic contact must normally be limited between office time. However, it may be ensured that a prospect is contacted only when the call is not expected to inconvenience him/her.
Calls earlier or later than the prescribed time period may be placed only under the following conditions:
• When the prospect has expressly authorized to do so either in writing or orally
Can the prospect’s interest be discussed with anybody else?
MEDIC SCIENCE DIRECT SELLER should respect a prospect’s privacy. The prospect’s interest may normally be discussed only with the prospect and any other individual/family member such as prospect’s accountant/secretary /spouse, authorized by the prospect.
Leaving messages and contacting persons other than the prospect.
Calls must first be placed to the prospect. In the event the prospect is not available, a message may be left for him/her. The aim of the message should be to get the prospect to return the call or to check for a convenient time to call again. Ordinarily, such messages may be restricted to:
• Please leave a message that ______________ (Name of officer) representing Medic Science Life Care. called and requested to call back at __________ (phone number)”.
As a general rule, the message must indicate:
• That the purpose of the call is regarding selling or distributing product of Medic Science Life Care
No misleading statements/misrepresentations permitted
Medic Science Direct Seller should not –
• Mislead the prospect on any service / product offered;
• Mislead the prospect about their business or organization’s name, or falsely represent themselves.
• Make any false / unauthorized commitment on behalf of Medic Science Life Care . for any facility/service.
No calls prior to official hours unless specifically requested.
– No serial dialing
– Identify yourself, your Medic Science Life Care and your principal
– Request permission to proceed
– If denied permission, apologize and politely disconnect.
– State reason for your call
– Always offer to call back on landline, if call is made to a cell number
– Never interrupt or argue
– To the extent possible, talk in the language which is most comfortable to the prospect
– Keep the conversation limited to business matters
– Check for understanding of “Most Important Terms and Conditions” by the customer if he plans to buy the product
– Reconfirm next call or next visit details
– Provide your telephone no, your name or your Medic Science Life Care officer contact details if asked for by the customer.
– Thank the customer for his/her time
– Customers who have expressed their lack of interest for the offering should not be called for the next 3 months with the same offer
– Provide feedback to the Medic Science Life Care on customers who have expressed their desire to be flagged “Do Not Disturb”
– Never call or entertain calls from customers regarding products already sold. Advise them to contact the Customer Service Staff of the Medic Science Life Care .
Precautions to be taken on visits/ contacts
Medic Science Direct Sellers should:
• Respect personal space – maintain adequate distance from the prospect.
• Not enter the prospect’s residence/office against his/her wishes;
• Not visit in large numbers – possible whenever required.
• Respect the prospect’s privacy.
• If the prospect is not present and only family members/office persons are present at the time of the visit, he/she should end the visit with a request for the prospect to call back.
• Provide his/her telephone number, yours name, if asked for by the customer.
• Limit discussions with the prospect to the business – Maintain a professional distance.
Appearance & Dress Code
Medic Science Direct Seller’s must be appropriately dressed –
For men this means
– Well ironed trousers;
– Well ironed shirt, shirt sleeves preferably buttoned down.
For women this means
– Well ironed formal attire (Saree, Suit etc.);
– Well-groomed appearance.
Jeans and/or T Shirt, open sandals are not considered appropriate.
Handling of letters & other communication
Any communication sent to the prospect should be only in the mode and format approved by the Medic Science Life Care.
1. Direct seller shall not use misleading, deceptive or unfair recruiting practices in their interaction with prospective or existing customers as well as other direct sellers
2. Promotional literature, advertisements and mailings shall not contain product descriptions, claims, photos or illustrations that are deceptive or misleading. Promotional literature shall contain the name and address or telephone number of the Medic Science Life Care and may include the telephone number of the Direct Seller
3. Medic Science Life Care prohibits Medic Science Direct Sellers from marketing to other Medic Science Direct Sellers any materials that are not approved by the Medic Science Life Care and that are inconsistent with Medic Science Life Care policies and procedures.
4. Medic Science Direct Sellers who sell Medic Science Life Care approved, legally allowed promotional or training materials, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form, shall
(i) offer only materials that comply with the same standards to which the Medic Science Life Care adheres.
(ii) be prohibited from making the purchase of such materials a requirement of other Direct Sellers.
(iii) provide sales aids at a reasonable and fair cost, without any significant profit to the direct seller, equivalent to similar material available.